Saturday, June 23, 2012

A New Chapter

As you can see, I have written a grand total of 6 posts, with the last one being more than 10 months ago.  I would LOVE to devote a chunk of time to developing my grilling skills and recipes but that time will not be now.

What I can do, I think, is keep track of the recipes I am using for my summer camp job.  There are a few hurdles for me; the first being my anxiety about how this is going to pan out.  I have never done anything like this before.  I just like to cook and bake and eat!  I am also a teacher, and I always cook with Lilly, so I am hoping that I can draw from all those experiences.

The next issue which will require some experience, patience and learning on my part is accommodating all the allergies and food sensitivities.  There are children with type 1 diabetes, Celiacs, egg allergies, dairy allergies, berry allergies, etc.  There is really no room for trial and error.

My plan is to post the pictures of my successes and failures and the in-betweens, as well as the recipes.  You know what they say about the best laid plans, so be kind if I am too overwhelmed the first couple weeks!

I will probably also start to post some more food/restaurant/eatery reviews.  I have a few on Yelp that I am going to copy over here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment