Monday, July 23, 2012

Jersey Fresh Week

New Jersey blueberries
These shrunk a little after sitting in the fridge for a week.
I was eating my cereal 2 weeks ago and I was inspired by the fat, juicy blueberries which topped it.  New Jersey is 3rd on the list of top blueberry growers and they are something special.  Not only are they delicious, but they are good for you.

How tasty does this look?
Let me get back to what I was inspired to do.  I decided that instead of cooking something from another country at camp the next week (last week) I was going to use Jersey Fresh as my theme.  For my main recipe I chose Barefoot Contessa's Peach Blueberry Crumble.  A-MA-ZING!  I made it in pie pans because I was not about to make 20 individual servings.  Almost without fail it was loved by all the campers.  We even had plate licking.

I made one on the Saturday before so that there would be one for my first period campers.  Of course I had to make individual ramekin servings for Vin and I.  I can attest to the fact that this is most delicious served warm with good vanilla ice cream.

One of my little friends.
With my oldest campers, who see me 3 times a week, I chose to make a fresh corn salad and zucchini bread. Can you believe I had never even had zucchini bread before?  I loved it!  Unfortunately I forgot to take pictures of the corn salad and the zucchini bread.  But I did take some pictures of the peach blueberry crumble, the all peach crumble and my favorite - the all blueberry crumble.  Oh, and I took a picture of one of my little friends who came to visit me.
Peach-only crumble cooling on my railing                         


Peach Blueberry Crumble


No comments:

Post a Comment